Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 not accepting iCloud Password

I'm trying to run iCloud on Windows Mail, but every time it just goes "Your iCloud Settings are Out-of-date" and it never fetches any mail! I do not have two-factor authentication enabled. Help!

Dell Latitude-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 9, 2017 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2017 2:41 PM

Hi, AppleAuthority,

Thanks for reaching out via the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see you are attempting to sign into your iCloud email account using Outlook on a Windows PC. I'm happy to help!

A recent update has made app-specific passwords necessary in order to utilize your iCloud email account with non-Apple devices. This means that, in order to sign into Outlook with your iCloud email account, you need to set up an app-specific password, as detailed here: Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support . In order to use an app-specific password, you first need to set up two-factor authentication, as detailed in this article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support .

Once you've done that, you can add your iCloud email account to Outlook, using the steps here: iCloud: Set up iCloud Mail on your devices .

Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2017 2:41 PM in response to Azursortronear

Hi, AppleAuthority,

Thanks for reaching out via the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I see you are attempting to sign into your iCloud email account using Outlook on a Windows PC. I'm happy to help!

A recent update has made app-specific passwords necessary in order to utilize your iCloud email account with non-Apple devices. This means that, in order to sign into Outlook with your iCloud email account, you need to set up an app-specific password, as detailed here: Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support . In order to use an app-specific password, you first need to set up two-factor authentication, as detailed in this article: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support .

Once you've done that, you can add your iCloud email account to Outlook, using the steps here: iCloud: Set up iCloud Mail on your devices .

Cheers!

Windows 10 not accepting iCloud Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.