Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how long is life of battery in iphone 5s?

Posted on Sep 10, 2017 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2017 1:52 AM

Hi Andro1222,

See the following article for more information.

iPhone 5s Technical Specifications

https://support.apple.com/kb/sp685

Power and Battery

Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery

Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter

Talk time: Up to 10 hours on 3G

Standby time: Up to 10 days

Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi

Video playback: Up to 10 hours

Audio playback: Up to 40 hours

All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by Apple service provider. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. See apple.com/batteries and apple.com/iphone/battery.html for more information.

All the best.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2017 1:52 AM in response to Andro1222

Hi Andro1222,

See the following article for more information.

iPhone 5s Technical Specifications

https://support.apple.com/kb/sp685

Power and Battery

Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery

Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter

Talk time: Up to 10 hours on 3G

Standby time: Up to 10 days

Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi

Video playback: Up to 10 hours

Audio playback: Up to 40 hours

All battery claims depend on network configuration and many other factors; actual results will vary. Battery has limited recharge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced by Apple service provider. Battery life and charge cycles vary by use and settings. See apple.com/batteries and apple.com/iphone/battery.html for more information.

All the best.

Sep 10, 2017 12:11 PM in response to Andro1222

Hi,

My battery life depends on where I am.

At home I can constantly be without Carrier signal which makes the iPhone Search for it.

At work I works a relatively large warehouse where the WiFi and Carrier signals vary and in this cases the phone can be dropping and searching for one or the other and sometimes both.

My 5s is a hand-me-down from my son so the work scenario can mean it is down to 30% by the end of the working day without me doing anything on it.

If I play music it obviously goes down in power faster.

I also have Blue Tooth but right this minute I can't remember why I did that (Checking my phone reminds me it is for the Car Play option)

That can also drain the battery.

My Battery is saying I could have 27 minutes of Usage (Undefined as to what that actually might be) or 5 hours and 42 minus of Standby (again it doe snot precisely say what that is).

The Battery says it has 90% left at the moment.

I am sure that 20 people could post their usage and personal experiences and they all will be different.

User uploaded file

8:11 pm Sunday; September 10, 2017

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Sierra)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone 6 iOS 10.x and an iPad (2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.