Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts disappeared from iPhone

All but 51 contacts have disappeared from my iPhone but remain up to date on my wife's iPhone and our Macs. All are linked to the same iCloud account. I've gone through all the recommended steps and can't seem to fix the problem.

Posted on Sep 10, 2017 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2017 7:41 PM

Were all the contacts at iCloud.com at one time?

Go to iCloud.com using a computer and select Settings. When that page loads, look at the bottom left side under Advanced and see if you can restore from there.

How to Recover Files, Contacts, Calendars and Reminders in iCloud

8 replies

Sep 11, 2017 11:32 AM in response to Ben Scott

Hi Ben,

I understand that you are missing most of your contacts on your iPhone, despite them showing up on your other devices. I'm happy to provide some help for this issue.

Be sure to go through each of the troubleshooting steps in the following article:

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

Sep 11, 2017 6:59 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric

Thanks for the good advice. I checked iCloud.com/Contacts and was surprised to find that there are only 51 contacts there, like on my iPhone. The Mac is also down to 51 but the MacBook Air still as the 712 contacts. Can you advise how to get the contacts from the MacBook back onto iCloud (rather than the other way around)?

Thanks

Ben

Contacts disappeared from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.