Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail.app: Subfolders not showing under Inbox but under own section

I'm using IMAP and want to see subfolders of Mailboxes under them. The default folders are setup in Mailbox Behaviours to be under INBOX/Junk/Drafts/etc. The problem is new subfolders are moved under a separate section. Mail was restarted multiple times and I tried creating the subfolders on the server and in Mail and it's the same.

This was working in the past but I haven't done it in Sierra before.

User uploaded file

Old mailbox: I created subfolders and they were added under the account's Inbox.

New mailbox: Subfolders are added under a separate section.

Any ideas on how to get the custom subfolders to be displayed under the mailbox Inbox?

Posted on Sep 11, 2017 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2017 3:24 PM

Mail has never supported that, though it would display that way if you configured it on the IMAP server.

From what I've read, Mail no longer allows even displaying it that way (I've never had it set up that way so can't confirm).

If that's what you must have, find another email client that works like you want.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2017 3:24 PM in response to BSG75

Mail has never supported that, though it would display that way if you configured it on the IMAP server.

From what I've read, Mail no longer allows even displaying it that way (I've never had it set up that way so can't confirm).

If that's what you must have, find another email client that works like you want.

Mail.app: Subfolders not showing under Inbox but under own section

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.