Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The music library on my Apple Watch shows tracks I deleted from iTunes in my iPhone

I've deleted lots of music from my iTunes library on my iPhone but it still shows up on my Apple Watch when I'm using the iPhone as the source. How can I get the Watch library to update? Thanks. P.s.-- already tried re-pairing Watch and phone with no effect.

Posted on Sep 11, 2017 5:01 AM

2 replies

Sep 11, 2017 5:16 PM in response to JamesGWolff1

Hi, James!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand there are songs on your Apple Watch that you have removed from your iPhone. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described, it sounds like these songs have been synced to your Apple Watch. To remove them, take a look at the following steps, from the "Remove a playlist from Apple Watch" section of Listen to music on your Apple Watch :

Remove a playlist from Apple Watch

1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then tap the My Watch tab.
  2. Tap Music > Synced Music > None.
  3. To remove the playlist, set your Apple Watch on its charger and make sure it's charging.

Cheers!

The music library on my Apple Watch shows tracks I deleted from iTunes in my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.