Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S CPU go slow

I got very low benchs scores with and without lowpower mode (50k in antutu) on my iPhone 6S with Samsung processor. (N71AP)

Already tried dfu restore, and the results are the same.

Sometimes animations gets stuck and this is really annoying me. I've read another topic (iPhone 6S slow and low benchmark scores.) and see that problem must be in battery. But battery life is fine and I can use my phone all day without any problems. This must be rare problem and I don't know what to do now.

There is no point in battery replacing if problem will not go away. I've download CPU DasherX and thats what I see.

600 mhz.

I'm waiting for an answer, because the problem get me toxic. How can I fix this?

User uploaded file

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Sep 12, 2017 12:58 AM

4 replies

Oct 10, 2017 1:37 AM in response to jovanawkdolphin

Mine is fine now. The Battery did need replacing it was old and putting out less voltage causing the CPU to throttle. But When Apple replaced the battery they didn't wipe it or anything it was still throttling as if the battery was bad. The way i manged to solve it was backup phone first thing you always want to do then get a new battery and fully charge to 100%. Reset all settings from on the phone once you get the setup screen leave it at that and do a DFU restore. So plug the phone into the computer open iTunes hold both the sleep and home button for 8 seconds then let go of the sleep and continue to hold the home button. iTunes will say iPhone has been detected and the phone screen should be black. Follow the prompts to restore the phone. iTunes will download the latest IOS and do a full clean install that will fix the throttle issues. Once it is restore set up as new iPhone install the app and double check you should get high scores once again. Then you can reset all settings again and then restore from backup. It is a lot of work but it feels like a new phone again now 100% no issues and the battery life is back to normal too.

iPhone 6S CPU go slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.