Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mp4 QuickTime/iTunes AC3 5.1

Hi, I just convert 300 DVDs to Mp4 with AC3 5.1 with Nero Recode 2, the problem is I have NO sound and thats because QuickTime dont support AC3 5.1

Can some one please help me, I need to play those Mp4 in iTunes, I don´t care if those Mp4 plays in 2 channels or 5.1, what I need is to heard the sound of the movies

Does the QuickTime PRO can fix this issue? or do I need some plug-in or something

Thanks in advance

AMDAthlon64x2DuaCore4400*2gbRAM*300gbSA2*SP2*NvidiaNX6600*AsusA8N32SLIDeluxe, Windows XP, AMD Cool N Quiet driver

Posted on Jan 8, 2007 8:57 AM

5 replies

Feb 17, 2007 3:09 PM in response to FerFer

Hey

Quicktime Pro will not solve this problem.

There a re a couple of codecs for AC3 around that allow quicktime and programs that use it to play AC3.

This link is to one. (A52 being the other name for AC3)

http://trac.cod3r.com/a52codec/

Alternatively use VLC player, although will not allow itunes to play.

An app that is really useful to me is mAC3dec 1.6.3 f. This splits AC3 files into seperate audio files which you can add to a quicktime file.
Here is the link
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/14479

For this number of movies however we are talking weeks of re-encoding and copy paste.( also will not work if above codec is installed.)

Hope that gives you plenty to think about.

Feb 18, 2007 1:28 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

Thanks for your answer, but I´m PC user, do you have another solution for PC.... I don't want to export them to use in iTunes, I want to keep them in 5.1 and wait til QuickTime supports 5.1 or some one can tell me how to fix this with a codec or something.
One question? There will be the day that QuickTime supports 5.1? or never?
Regards

Mp4 QuickTime/iTunes AC3 5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.