Related Article: Monitor your heart rate with Apple Watch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Locking

, My Apple watch keeps locking. Any idea how to fix it?

Apple Watch Series 2

Posted on Sep 12, 2017 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2017 6:56 AM

Hi

If you are not yet doing so, you might wish to use these settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Wrist Detection - turn this on.
  • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Passcode > Turn Passcode on.
  • Also on the Passcode settings screen, enable Unlock with iPhone.

After putting it on your wrist, your watch will then unlock after whatever you do first: either unlocking your watch manually (by entering the passcode) or unlocking your iPhone. It will then remain unlocked (including when the screen is asleep) until you remove it from your wrist. When you remove your watch, it will lock automatically.

With these settings enabled, if your Apple Watch keepings asking for your passcode, then the following steps may help:

Check that you are not wearing your Apple Watch too loosely:

• If worn too loosely, your Apple Watch may believe that it has been removed from your wrist, causing it to lock automatically.
  • For the best performance, ensure that you are wearing your watch sufficiently snugly on the top of your wrist:

User uploaded file

• Other issues that can impact sensor performance include wrist tattoos.
  • Your heart rate. What it means, and where on Apple Watch you’ll find it. - Apple Support

• Clean the back of your Apple Watch:

Check whether passcode-related restrictions are enabled on your iPhone:

• Any passcode restrictions that have been set on the paired iPhone (via a corporate configuration profile, mobile device management or Exchange policy) also affect Apple Watch.
    • If your iPhone is managed in this way, contact your device administrator for assistance.

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone (be sure to begin by making a backup of your iPhone):

Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issue then persists and you are concerned about a possible hardware defect, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

More information:

Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Turn on, wake, and unlock

1 reply
    Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2017 6:56 AM in response to Aanstet

Hi

If you are not yet doing so, you might wish to use these settings:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Wrist Detection - turn this on.
    • On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Passcode > Turn Passcode on.
    • Also on the Passcode settings screen, enable Unlock with iPhone.

After putting it on your wrist, your watch will then unlock after whatever you do first: either unlocking your watch manually (by entering the passcode) or unlocking your iPhone. It will then remain unlocked (including when the screen is asleep) until you remove it from your wrist. When you remove your watch, it will lock automatically.

With these settings enabled, if your Apple Watch keepings asking for your passcode, then the following steps may help:

Check that you are not wearing your Apple Watch too loosely:

• If worn too loosely, your Apple Watch may believe that it has been removed from your wrist, causing it to lock automatically.
    • For the best performance, ensure that you are wearing your watch sufficiently snugly on the top of your wrist:

User uploaded file

• Other issues that can impact sensor performance include wrist tattoos.
  • Your heart rate. What it means, and where on Apple Watch you’ll find it. - Apple Support

• Clean the back of your Apple Watch:

Check whether passcode-related restrictions are enabled on your iPhone:

• Any passcode restrictions that have been set on the paired iPhone (via a corporate configuration profile, mobile device management or Exchange policy) also affect Apple Watch.
    • If your iPhone is managed in this way, contact your device administrator for assistance.

If you have not yet done so, update your iPhone and Apple Watch to the latest software, starting with your iPhone (be sure to begin by making a backup of your iPhone):

Restart both your iPhone and your Apple Watch, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first:

Unpair and re-pair your Apple Watch:

If the issue then persists and you are concerned about a possible hardware defect, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support

More information:

Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Turn on, wake, and unlock

Apple Watch Locking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.