Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File sharing in iTunes 12.7

I've read the Apple support page on how you can add custom ringtones to your iOS device using iTunes 12.7 so not worried about that, but can anyone point me towards info on how to add files to apps such as adding movie files to VLC. Normally this would done through the File Sharing section but I understand the entire Apps section has been removed in 12.7 so I'm not sure how this would be accomplished now?

Posted on Sep 13, 2017 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2017 4:32 AM

There is still a File Sharing section when the device is connected.

User uploaded file

tt2

11 replies

Oct 25, 2017 5:04 PM in response to Amsolometo

See About File Sharing on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. Not every app supports sharing. With those that do you would need to connect the device to iTunes, open the File Sharing area, select the app you want to move data to, drag and drop from Finder, then in the app use an import from iTunes feature.

See also Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. This may be a better way to move data with iOS 11.

tt2

File sharing in iTunes 12.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.