Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.7 column browser depth

windows 10; just upgraded to iTunes 12.7; column browser is 3 rows; I have 29 rows of songs beneath this, can I change the depth of the column browser? tried hovering cursor over but its not bringing up a drag icon

itunes-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 13, 2017 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2017 8:37 AM

You can still adjust the depth. The cursor doesn't change into a drag icon like normal. However, if you hover over the border and drag, it will move. Unfortunately, when you load iTunes again, the column browser will be compact. It's not saving the location you drag the depth to. 😟

31 replies

Sep 15, 2017 7:31 PM in response to ericjennings

I just got off the phone with apple support. They were able to recreate the problem on their side so they said the developers had to fix it in the coding. Hopefully on the next release. At least they know about it now.

I told them I noticed this issue within seconds of updating to 12.7. I said beta testers should have spotted it right away. She told me not a lot of people use the column browser. I don't think I believe her 🙂

Sep 13, 2017 12:06 PM in response to ericjennings

Yes... the column browser location keeps colapsing on me. Everytime I open itunes it is way at the top. This is driving me CRAZY! This isn't just happening in the windows version. It is happening in my mac too. Somebody please report that bug to Apple. Don't they beta test this stuff? Seems like such an obvious bug and I noticed it within 5 seconds.

Oct 7, 2017 9:59 AM in response to ericjennings

It's quite frustrating to me that the column browser reverts to very slim size each time you move between a menu. The column browser is essential to how I and many users use and love iTunes. An update to preserve the depth a user has defined between different menus would return my complete satisfaction with iTunes.

This recent change has made me realize how deeply important the Column Browser and its consistent position is to my satisfaction with iTunes. Otherwise, I'm loving the updates and current version of iTunes.

Oct 29, 2017 1:23 PM in response to MarcSant

Apple told me they will not roll out a new version fast because of this one isssue. They said it is because this one issue does not effect the functionality of the program. In other words, this issue is not important enough to require immediate attention. Meanwhile we have been suffering with this for two months now. And I reported it immediately after updating two months ago.

itunes 12.7 column browser depth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.