Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12.7 and nike plus

I have updated the iTunes to the newest version (12.7.0) but right now in the iPod nano 6gen setup I cannot send my runs to the nike+ website. There is no functionality like before.

Is there any way to sync my trainings to nike + (by iTunes or in other way) ?

Thank you

p.s. this instruction doesn't work anymore 😟

iPod nano, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), itunes 12.7.0

Posted on Sep 13, 2017 2:25 PM

25 replies

Oct 12, 2017 1:57 AM in response to Karsten

Hi,

I pirchase ipod nano nike, everyday after I finished my run with nike. I will sync ipod nan with iTunes. After update iTunes version 12.7.

When connect iPod nano with iTunes there is no nike+ sync in iTunes.

Many people was impact with iTunes 12.7 as mention in Apple discussion Board. I called Apple Support,

First call they mention that apple are aware but have to wait for any announcement. Second call, request me to

Downdload iTunes 12.6.3.6 at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208079 he said that 12.6.3.6 will

Replace 12.7 to solve the problem but it don’t work.

Please refer details in attached file.

Thanks for your help

Thi

Sent from my iPad

Sep 18, 2017 1:12 PM in response to efdsdfsfwfwef

No, sorry. I found the Nike+ Connect software on Nike's web site, but that's not recognizing the iPod either, since it seems to only connect to the Nike+ Fuel-, Sportsband and Sportwatch.

So, downgrading to iTunes 12.6.x seems the only way to manage Nike+ data on those 'old' iPods.

However, I filed a bug report through the Feedback.app. Maybe it'll help :-)

Sep 23, 2017 6:03 PM in response to efdsdfsfwfwef

Hi, I had this problem with my ipod 7th gen. It is the only Apple product I have - all others are android - much more user defined. You are correct, there is no way to sync now with the updated iTunes. However, if you simply log in to your Nike+ account (via browser) with your device connected via USB, you will see your activity data 🙂

Sep 27, 2017 3:48 PM in response to efdsdfsfwfwef

I have the same issue. What is frustrating is that I purchased the Nano because of this feature. Being able to load data to Nike.com was why I bought my iPod. Very frustrating that this feature has been taken away with no apparent way to upload data. I called Nike and they were absolutely great. They have heard this complaint many times but couldn't control what Apple does. The realize this is hurting their customers too.

Oct 26, 2017 5:24 PM in response to efdsdfsfwfwef

This is so frustrating and I am an Apple and Nike loyalist that has used the iPod Nano 7 for my runs. I don't want to run with my iPhone and the Nano is the perfect running companion. I know they just discontinued the Nano 7 and you can no longer find it at many stores but I just purchased a new one just in case. I opened it in iTunes 12.7 and realized that Nike+ sync feature was completely removed! You cannot simply abandon products with a loyal following because you are pushing your newest iPhones. Please fix this for us Apple.

Oct 28, 2017 7:34 AM in response to efdsdfsfwfwef

Since iTunes 12.7, I have been manually loading the Nano runs into the 'Nike+ RunClub' app on my iPhone.

1. On the Nano go into the Fitness. On the left hand lower corner press the clock with the backward arrow surrounding it icon. This will pull up the runs by month. Pick a month, and then select a run. You will see the stats for the run.

2. On the iPhone go into the 'Nike+ RunClub' app. At the bottom of the screen near the left, press the three bars icon. This will show a screen that has 'HISTORY' tab at the top. Make sure 'HISTORY' tab is pressed (e.g, 'HISTORY' will be underlined then). With the tap pressed, the grand total miles or kilometers you have run will be showing on the screen. On this screen, at the top right there is a '+' icon. Press the '+'. A screen will come up that will allow you to manually enter what is on your Nano into the 'Nike+ RunClub' app. After you enter the run in there, it will sync to the Nike website.

Dec 11, 2017 10:43 AM in response to efdsdfsfwfwef

This Itunes 12.7++ issue about the removed Nike+ functionality is indeed very disapointing. I used Nike+ on different generations of Devices until the Nano 7G for about 9 years now.

If you (Apple/Nike) decide to discontinue some formerly advertised features for a product that is widely in use and customers made a decision for that paticular product based on that feature, please dont be surprised if they next time think twice and in doubt decide differently (i.e. Garmin, Polar, TomTom etc.). This is no good for Apples reputation as well, since they still trying to sell Nike+ enabled devices. Because who knows when somebody at Apple decides to remove that feature from the Apple Watch soon.

Still hoping for a solution/explanation,

thk.bln

Itunes 12.7 and nike plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.