Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No support in Cambodia - Can't recover my US Apple iCloud Account!

I am an extremely frustrated US Citizen currently living in Cambodia. Over a month ago my phone was snatched and I had to buy a new iPhone. I was not using my American phone number as I purchased a Cambodian SIM Card when I arrived. So, I simply had to buy a new SIM Card. Simple problem fixed there!

The main problem is that I can't access my Apple iCloud because it was attached to my account from my American number (through Verizon). I know my Username and Password but it requires me to receive a code to confirm the change. I am unable to do this because,

1. I don't have my American phone number (American SIM Card) since I live in Cambodia. I only have my Cambodian SIM Card (SMART).

2. There is NO Apple Support in Cambodia. There is no Apple Chat available to contact regarding this issue. I can't go anywhere to receive help in this country regarding Apple issues.

With that being said, there is NO WAY to access my Apple iCloud using my American number. I want to use my American Apple iCloud account on my Cambodian phone.

How do I receive this confirmation code without my American phone number? How do I get back my Apple iCloud?

I am extremely aggravated and at this point, feeling hopeless and hating Apple. Please help me solve this problem!

Thank you,

Shannon

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Sep 14, 2017 12:37 AM

2 replies

No support in Cambodia - Can't recover my US Apple iCloud Account!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.