Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I install Samsung 960 EVO PCIe SSD In my 2013 27 inch Imac

Hello everyone,

I want to install Samsung 960 EVO PCIe 250GB in my 2013 27 inch Imac. But i have read some where its not possible because the connector of mac is different from normal PCIe. Apple making different drives for there devices. If anyone have idea about it please share you views.

Thanks.

iMac, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Sep 14, 2017 4:08 AM

2 replies

Sep 14, 2017 7:29 AM in response to aajay1988

Working on iMacs made after 2012 is EXTREMELY difficult and should not be attempted unless you are an expert at taking apart laptops. If you have a late 2013 27" iMac it can have an SSD installed however I would recommend using an OWC SSD and follow their install instructions. These forums have a lot of stories from users that attempt to do what you are and end up breaking and sometimes ruining their computers.

If you want to add a SSD, I strongly recommend getting a Thunderbolt enclosure and installing a SSD inside it and using that SSD as your boot drive and if it's large enough as your storage drive.

Can I install Samsung 960 EVO PCIe SSD In my 2013 27 inch Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.