Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delayed text messages iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.3.3

This is driving me CRAZY!!!! In group chats, where at least 1 person has an Android, I am not getting text messages until hours later. Sometimes I don't get them at all. For example, this morning I received messages from the girls at work that were sent at 1:59PM yesterday and messages with pictures from my daughter that were sent at 1:43PM yesterday.

This isn't the first time this has happened and it is really starting to get on my nerves. It happened once or twice with my 6s Plus, but with my 7s Plus it has been constant. It doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi or LTE. I am on T-mobile and the phone is using iOS 10.3.3.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Sep 14, 2017 3:45 AM

4 replies

Sep 14, 2017 4:07 PM in response to evelynfrommerrick

Greetings, evelynfrommerrick.

I see that you're experiencing an issue when you're involved in group messages. If an Android user is also participating, you sometimes don't receive the messages. I'm happy to help.

If you can‘t send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Learn what to do if you see an alert when you send a message or if you can’t send or receive messages.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

Sep 25, 2017 4:38 AM in response to evelynfrommerrick

Hi Evelynfrommerrick,

have you had any success with the link that was provided? I have been having the same issues on multiple phones on my family plan using T-Mobile and can't seem to find a solution. Also checking other forums it looks like customers have been reporting this issue since the IPhone 4 on all Carriers. This seem to be an Apple issue that has not been addressed for some time.

Sep 25, 2017 5:05 AM in response to pistol44pete

I have tried so many different things. I’m on T-Mobile and have read that it’s a provider issue. I will say that since upgrading to iOS 11 it hasn’t happened. I have to do more research cause if it’s something that happens across all providers then it doesn’t pay for me to switch, which I have been considering. It is frustrating.

Delayed text messages iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.