Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voices aren't available to download at this time.

As stated in the title. I can not add any new TTS voices (found in accessibility). I know the message says at this time but I have been trying it for 3 months now.

Anyone know what might be going on?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Sep 14, 2017 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2017 8:45 AM

I tried this but, instead of the Voice Over Utility, I went to System Preferences->Accessibility->Speech.

It appears to be working. I selected a few voices, and already got Karen; it is downloading Moira:

User uploaded file

3 replies

Oct 18, 2017 12:36 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Open /Applications/Utilities/VoiceOver Utility.app and click "Speech" in the left bar. At the bottom of the "Voices" dropdown menu click "Customize..." Here you'll see additional voices you can select to download and use. Doing so provides no immediate feedback but after a minute or so a "Voices aren't available to download..." message appears. Disappointing. I want to hear from Zarvox! Someone has posted a few for download here: http://forum.renoise.com/index.php/topic/49180-installing-mac-osx-speech-voices- manually/

Voices aren't available to download at this time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.