Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact app icon missing from home screen

my Contacts app icon is missing from my home screen on my iPhone. I still have access to them through Siri and Phone icon but would like to restore it to my home screen It was suggested to download from iCloud from App store but it does not give the option. Suggestions?

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Sep 14, 2017 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2017 5:20 PM

If it's only offering you the option to open, the app is still somewhere on your phone. If you did the Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout, the Contacts app would have been put in a folder called, I I recall correctly, Utilities.

Do a search using Spotlight. Put your finger anywhere on a home screen except on an icon and pull down. Type "Contacts" into the search bar. It should show up in the results. At the right of the screen, it will tell you the name of the folder it's in.

For what it's worth, the information in the Contacts tab in the Phone app is exactly the same as Contacts.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2017 5:20 PM in response to ginakotarski

If it's only offering you the option to open, the app is still somewhere on your phone. If you did the Settings>General>Reset>Reset Home Screen Layout, the Contacts app would have been put in a folder called, I I recall correctly, Utilities.

Do a search using Spotlight. Put your finger anywhere on a home screen except on an icon and pull down. Type "Contacts" into the search bar. It should show up in the results. At the right of the screen, it will tell you the name of the folder it's in.

For what it's worth, the information in the Contacts tab in the Phone app is exactly the same as Contacts.

Sep 14, 2017 5:03 PM in response to ginakotarski

ginakotarski wrote:

my Contacts app icon is missing from my home screen on my iPhone. I still have access to them through Siri and Phone icon but would like to restore it to my home screen It was suggested to download from iCloud from App store but it does not give the option. Suggestions?

look in your other app folder and home screen.

double check restrictions.

all else fail setting - general - reset - reset home screen layout.

Contact app icon missing from home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.