Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find the clean version of songs on Apple Music?

I was wondering if there was a way to listen to songs without the cuss words.

Posted on Sep 14, 2017 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2017 10:37 AM

Hey A mom in need!

I can definitely appreciate why you'd want to avoid explicit Apple Music content, and I'll help in any way I can.

For starters, Restrictions are a great way to block explicit music (as well as other types of undesired content). Here's how you can enable that feature:

Turn on Restrictions

1. Tap Settings > General > Restrictions.
    User uploaded file
  2. Scroll down and tap Restrictions, then tap Enable Restrictions.
  3. Create a Restrictions passcode. You need your Restrictions passcode to change your settings or to turn off Restrictions.
    User uploaded file
Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

In this case, you'd be looking to toggle 'Music, Podcasts & News' from the Restrictions menu. Please note: not all tracks have censored versions, so in those cases, rather than create a clean version of the track, this setting will prevent the tracks from showing as search results. Additionally, if you have a computer that can access Apple Music, you'd need to enable this Restriction there as well. To do that, check out this great article about iTunes Restrictions: Use Restrictions in iTunes on your Mac or PC - Apple Support

I hope this answers your question, but be sure to let me know if there's anything else you need. Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2017 10:37 AM in response to A mom in need

Hey A mom in need!

I can definitely appreciate why you'd want to avoid explicit Apple Music content, and I'll help in any way I can.

For starters, Restrictions are a great way to block explicit music (as well as other types of undesired content). Here's how you can enable that feature:

Turn on Restrictions

1. Tap Settings > General > Restrictions.
    User uploaded file
  2. Scroll down and tap Restrictions, then tap Enable Restrictions.
  3. Create a Restrictions passcode. You need your Restrictions passcode to change your settings or to turn off Restrictions.
    User uploaded file
Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

In this case, you'd be looking to toggle 'Music, Podcasts & News' from the Restrictions menu. Please note: not all tracks have censored versions, so in those cases, rather than create a clean version of the track, this setting will prevent the tracks from showing as search results. Additionally, if you have a computer that can access Apple Music, you'd need to enable this Restriction there as well. To do that, check out this great article about iTunes Restrictions: Use Restrictions in iTunes on your Mac or PC - Apple Support

I hope this answers your question, but be sure to let me know if there's anything else you need. Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

How do I find the clean version of songs on Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.