Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I load epub files to iBooks now?

With the new iTunes, Apple has once again ripped away useful functionality. Among other things, those of us who manage ebooks on our computers and (heaven forbid) want to load files that we didn't buy from Apple have been totally screwed.

Is there any way to get Books back on iTunes for Windows so I can continue to load my personal epub files to my iDevices?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Sep 15, 2017 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2017 5:22 AM

Apparently you can drag files to your device, but you can't manage your library of books using iTunes. Which is totally f-ed up.

8 replies

Sep 18, 2017 4:57 PM in response to rcharbon

I'm getting ready to go on a long vacation. I have over 700 books on my iPad to read on the trip (no, I won't read them all, but I want to have them all to choose from), out of my library of about 2,000 books. I really want to add a few more books before I go, but I'm scared about what will happen. It has taken me years to add these books to iTunes from folders all over my computer and over a year to assemble this collection, and if it screws them up I don't think I'd ever be able to replicate the list. I purchased this iPad and one other for the purpose of syncing books through iTunes, so with this update I feel like Apple has broken their agreement with me.

So, what will happen if I sync up my iPad with books on it?

Sep 19, 2017 7:38 AM in response to rcharbon

Attach your device.

After the device appears in iTunes sidebar, select the 'Books' folder under the 'On My Device' section.

Check/Uncheck the box next to the book in the Books folder on the right half of the window.

Drag and drop the book to add in to the window on the right side to add new books.

Delete a book by Ctrl-Clicking (right clicking) and select 'Delete from Library'

How can I load epub files to iBooks now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.