Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2016 Yellow Spot on Retina Display

Hi , This is Steven .

I start using my new MacBook Pro , from Jan 2017 . And I found the retina display has the yellow spot , when I open it . The yellow spot will become smaller and return to normal after few hours .

On May 2017 , I take it to apple shop , and they help me to replace the display .

Unfortunately , few days before , I found the display have the yellow spot again , I am really disappointed , I don't want to replace the display every 3-4 months

Dose anyone have the same issue on the MacBook Pro 2016 , and do anyone of you know how to prevent it ?

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Sep 15, 2017 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2017 7:50 AM

Hi,

Given that the same issue appeared on a second display suggests the issue is not with the display, but with a cable, or the GPU/logic board. I'm sure there is no way to prevent it. I would definitely bring the Mac to an Apple Store “genius” bar for a free diagnosis and free repair while you're still under warranty: https://support.apple.com/contact

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2017 7:50 AM in response to Steven Au Yeung

Hi,

Given that the same issue appeared on a second display suggests the issue is not with the display, but with a cable, or the GPU/logic board. I'm sure there is no way to prevent it. I would definitely bring the Mac to an Apple Store “genius” bar for a free diagnosis and free repair while you're still under warranty: https://support.apple.com/contact

Macbook Pro 2016 Yellow Spot on Retina Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.