Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[iTunes] No sync option in "Photos" tab for iPad Pro

Hello,

I'd like to get some photos in the Photos library from my external drive connected to my Mac to my iPad Pro. When I plugged the iPad Pro into my Mac and opened up iTunes, I found out there's no any sync option for me to select in the Fotos tab, just a line of words telling me that iCloud Photos is activated.

Can someone help? Thanks a lot.

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion, 2010

Posted on Sep 15, 2017 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2017 8:19 AM

When you have iCloud Photo Library turned on in a device, you cannot use iTunes to sync photos from a computer to that device. You can upload photos manually using the computer browser (e.g., Safari) to the Photos app at www.icloud.com and they will then automatically sync to the device. Another option suggested in the link below is to use AirDrop.

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

More information on iCloud Photo Library: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 15, 2017 8:19 AM in response to ohhiphio

When you have iCloud Photo Library turned on in a device, you cannot use iTunes to sync photos from a computer to that device. You can upload photos manually using the computer browser (e.g., Safari) to the Photos app at www.icloud.com and they will then automatically sync to the device. Another option suggested in the link below is to use AirDrop.

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

More information on iCloud Photo Library: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

[iTunes] No sync option in "Photos" tab for iPad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.