Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't I find the apps store on itunes (pc)?

Posted on Sep 15, 2017 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2017 2:25 PM

If this functionality was removed then how are we able to control all our apps? especially ones we purchased but do not currently have on our device. What about the space on our hard drives that have these apps stored on or were these deleted. Sorry but very bad move.

14 replies

Oct 18, 2017 3:58 AM in response to pandamonimom

When you update iTunes, especially for major updates, it tends to take a backup copy of the old library.itl file and update it to work with the new version. So if you go to

• Mac OS X: /Users/username/Music
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\
  • Windows Vista: \Users\username\Music\iTunes
  • Windows 7 and later : \Users\username\My Music\iTunes

There should be a library.itl file somewhere underneath it (probably only one or two levels), and a 'Previous iTunes Libraries' folder (containing previous backed up versions of the file) at the same level as that file - copy the most recent file back from that 'Previous' folder (removing the date, which should be when you updated to 12.7, from the end of its filename) and replace the current library.itl file (may be best to move that current file or rename it, instead of just deleting or overwriting it).

Jan 28, 2018 6:50 AM in response to lucycherry

I'm also having this issue, as well, since I just updated iTunes and noticed the changes made to the store.

Why remove the App Store in the first place? There was absolutely no reason for it to be removed at all, and yet this is what we're facing. What's gonig to happen to the apps on our devices when we plug it in to sync? What if we need to upgrade our device but it has sensitive data (such as apps for security purposes), and iTunes won't keep track of ANY apps when we transfer our device's data to a new one?

Someone needs to truly rethink why the App Store should be excluded from PC. Wny not just leave it there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.