Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No family shared folder

I've enabled sharing with family and "iCloud photo sharing" is turned on, on both of my iPhone and MBP. When I want to share some pictures I can't seem to see a shared family folder. I know I can create a shared folder myself and invite them, but I thought there would be a shared folder especially made for family sharing?

Time Capsule-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Sep 16, 2017 6:11 PM

17 replies

Sep 17, 2017 9:55 AM in response to Eendj3

The Photos Help says: https://help.apple.com/photos/mac/1.2/?lang=en#/pht013f36be9

• Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
  • Click Set Up Family and follow the instructions. For more information, see Set up Family Sharing.

After at least one member of your family accepts the invitation to view shared albums, a Family album appears in your shared albums.

Did one of your Family Group accept the invitation to view shared albums?

Sep 17, 2017 6:47 AM in response to léonie

My current MacOS version is 10.12.6.

I've added a screenshot of the settings of Photos. iCloud Photo Library is turned on like my iPhone. I've checked www.icloud.com, Photos on my MacBook, iPhone 7 and the latest iPad Pro. None of them have any album named "Family". In fact, on the iPhone and iPad there are no shared albums at all.

In the "Shared" section all it says is:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

A picture of the sidebar:

User uploaded file

Sep 17, 2017 10:09 AM in response to léonie

Since I've already created a family, I can't find the option to invite a member to view shared albums".

When I open "manage family" I see a list of the members with me being the "Organizer". Three of the four members are sharing everything (everything turned on) except for one. Could that be the reason? I still should be able to share the pictures with the other family members no?

Current setup looks as follows:

Me (organizer, using email1)

Member1 (not sharing everything)

Member2 (sharing everything)

Member3 (sharing everything)

Kid1 (sharing everything and needs permission from a guardian)

Family Purchases: email2, used for iTunes since 2009.

No family shared folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.