Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to review macOS 10.12 server documentation without installing?

Alright, so I'm not sure I'm making a silly Google search mistake, but I can't find any substantial documentation for macOS Sierra Server. I've got a couple tutorials (which are entirely useless for my needs), a bunch of marketing info, but what I'm looking for are the PDFs that used to be shipped with every previous version. Or websites with the same thing would be fine. ****, a gopher site would be fine.

I'm gathering that some of this is in the Mac Help after installation, but the thing is, I'm researching and brainstorming our migration checklists so we don't break anything. Would be awfully nice to know what I'm doing before I actually install anything.

Thanks,

Jeff

Posted on Sep 17, 2017 4:00 PM

9 replies

Sep 18, 2017 3:19 AM in response to Jeff Porten

There is no substantial documentation any more. The last substantial documentation that Apple provided was for 10.6 and I've not seen anything as comprehensive (from Apple) since. For the Server.App as it exists now, documentation - such as it is,can be found here:

About macOS Server 5.3.1 - Apple Support

Which is an overview, with the rest of documentation in further detail here:

macOS Server - Official Apple Support

You may want to look for Reid Bundonis series of Foundation books on the App Store. He's a regular contributor here and his books may contain what you're looking for?

Sep 17, 2017 9:19 PM in response to Jeff Porten

It was moved from Mac OS X forum. No fret, it's that you more likely will get replies from people who understand what you need. I found an Apple link but I don't know if it will provide the answers you want. Since HS is not even released and an HS Server version will probably not get out until next year, it's pretty hard finding something suitable. I don't use OS X Server.

How to review macOS 10.12 server documentation without installing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.