Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder

This has happened after I had installed with latest 12.7.0.166

Does anyone else encounter this problem?

Any solution for it?

Windows 10

Posted on Sep 19, 2017 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2017 10:47 AM

I encountered this error after installing iTunes 12.7 on one of my systems. I found that although I was installing iTunes to my D: drive (D:\Program Files\iTunes) the installer ignored this for the CD Configuration folder, which was placed in the default location (C:\Program Files\iTunes\CD Configuration). Copying this folder and its contents from the C: drive to the correct location on D: solved the problem. I assume that this is a bug in the installer.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2017 10:47 AM in response to Ahnua

I encountered this error after installing iTunes 12.7 on one of my systems. I found that although I was installing iTunes to my D: drive (D:\Program Files\iTunes) the installer ignored this for the CD Configuration folder, which was placed in the default location (C:\Program Files\iTunes\CD Configuration). Copying this folder and its contents from the C: drive to the correct location on D: solved the problem. I assume that this is a bug in the installer.

Sep 23, 2017 11:33 AM in response to hhgttg27

hhgttg27 wrote:

Thanks for this. I've added a note about it in Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates. 🙂

tt2

Sep 23, 2017 11:17 AM in response to hhgttg27

I also install iTunes on my D: Drive. I followed your post located the CD Configuration folder in the exact location you listed (C:\Program Files\iTunes\CD Configuration) copied this folder and placed it the iTunes Folder on my D: Drive. No longer have the cannot find the CD Configuration Folder message popup every time I start iTunes. Thank you very much for this post and detailed fix.

Sep 26, 2017 3:42 PM in response to Ahnua

I agree that the update process missed this. The prior installation worked fine. I also found that on Windows there are 2 registry entries that refer to the C: drive instead of the D:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders ]

"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\CD Configuration\\"=""

"C:\\Program Files\\iTunes\\"=""

I don't know if these entries need to be removed or renamed. The other problem that occurred after the update is the the Sonos controller app can no longer access the Music folder.

Oct 14, 2017 5:50 PM in response to Ahnua

hhgttg27 reply worked for me also. I was receiving the same CD Configuration folder error after installing ITunes 12.7. I copied the CD Configuration folder (from C:\Program Files\iTunes\CD Configuration) into the same drive (F:) that I installed my iTunes library to. Note: you do not copy the CD Configuration folder into the same folder that contains your iTunes library. You simply copy it to the drive that contains your iTunes library. It worked wonderfully! Thank you hhgttg27.

Nov 5, 2017 7:19 AM in response to hhgttg27

The latest update did miss a few steps:

1) I use my F: drive for programs and keep my solid state C: drive as open as possible. I did find that the installer place the CD configuration folder in the C: drive even though I changed the install to F: drive. Simply copying it to the corresponding location in F: drive solved the problem.

2) If you did not install as "administrator", it permanently disabled the program that no system restore could fix. Fortunately the solution is simple once you discover it.

3) I really appreciate the community for posting these things!

iTunes cannot locate CD Configuration folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.