Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find RSS Feed option in Safari 11

I just updated to Safari 11 and it seems there's no RSS Feed option in the Sidebar

I used to see this

User uploaded file

I now only have this

User uploaded file

I haven't find any mention of it going away though.
Am I overlooking something? I see no way to enable it in Safari Preferences.

Mac Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), Safari 11

Posted on Sep 19, 2017 3:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2017 5:23 AM

I used shared links (RSS) constantly with Safari at Mac and iOS, but after iOS was updated to iOS 11, Shared Links disappeared both in the iOS Safari and in the MacOs Safari (that was not updated - High Sierra will released only 25 of september).

So I could not make shared links sources backup for using with alternate app. And don't remember all sources.

But found a solution for Mac users.

Just start MacOS Terminal App and run next command

=== start of the command===

awk '/FeedURL/ { getline; print $0; }' Library/Safari/WebFeedSources.plist | sed 's/<string>//g' | sed 's/<\/string>//g' | sort | uniq > Documents/MyExportedFeedURLs.txt

=== end of the command (must be one line) ===

Then we can get new file MyExportedFeedURLs.txt from Documents folder and use it to setup new RSS reader app (I tested today some and chose Inoreader)

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2017 5:23 AM in response to JcVai

I used shared links (RSS) constantly with Safari at Mac and iOS, but after iOS was updated to iOS 11, Shared Links disappeared both in the iOS Safari and in the MacOs Safari (that was not updated - High Sierra will released only 25 of september).

So I could not make shared links sources backup for using with alternate app. And don't remember all sources.

But found a solution for Mac users.

Just start MacOS Terminal App and run next command

=== start of the command===

awk '/FeedURL/ { getline; print $0; }' Library/Safari/WebFeedSources.plist | sed 's/<string>//g' | sed 's/<\/string>//g' | sort | uniq > Documents/MyExportedFeedURLs.txt

=== end of the command (must be one line) ===

Then we can get new file MyExportedFeedURLs.txt from Documents folder and use it to setup new RSS reader app (I tested today some and chose Inoreader)

Sep 21, 2017 9:20 AM in response to Craig Seeman

Chatted with the Apple Support and they said they are as surprised as we are and that they don't have any updated "List of Changes" as well. They hope to get an answer in a couple of days. Maybe the problem gets solved when the High Sierra Update comes. I said that i will ask again at Tuesday.... Wonder what they will find out until then. I will update my Post then. Greetings ;-)

Can't find RSS Feed option in Safari 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.