Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did bonjour go in safari 11

Display Bonjour in menu is no longer available in Safari 11. I have two apps running on another computer that I access through Bonjour and now I can't. Where did Bonjour go? What's the fix. Thanks.

Posted on Sep 19, 2017 5:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2017 10:58 AM

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Click here to send Feedback

18 replies

Oct 6, 2017 10:32 AM in response to Eric Root

It is sorely missed for all manner of network device discovery and interfacing. Now you get stuck having to run network scanning tools to find your stuff. (absurd).

Highly recommend adding all of our voices with Apple and sharing what you think of them removing Bonjour (a web-location tool for identifying assets on a network, managing them, etc) from Safari by telling Apple directly here:

Feedback - Bonjour - Apple

Now I can't even scan things with my printer until I go figure out what it's IP address is ... and DHCP means the address will eventually change... My family is "Dad, how do I get to the scanner!" In the enterprise it is much much worse.

Sep 19, 2017 6:57 PM in response to Kenneth Hayden

I solved my problem by entering the ip address of the computer I was accessing along with the port number and then bookmarking it. I access 2 different web servers running on the same computer for home automation and video cams. Before Safari 11 these showed up in Bonjour automatically. When Bonjour disappeared they disappeared too.

The hardest part was digging out the port numbers. Still no idea where Bonjour went or if it's even used anymore but I don't need it now.

Sep 30, 2017 11:13 AM in response to Kenneth Hayden

Updating my iphones/ ipads to ios 11 meant for me a Bonjour problem in connection to my iMac. An app for musicplaying, Audirvana +, did not connect any longer through Bonjour to the Imac I now found a work around for this problem. In my opinion Bonjour must be less fragile in updates.

I changed the names of all my Apple devices. Then connected these - powered on - to my Airport Time Capsule - powered off. Then i Powered on the Airport TC and the Bonjour names were renewed, old obsolete settings were lost and all functioned well again. But I suggest looking into this matter and make a more solid way to change and renew Bonjour usage after updates.

Nov 12, 2017 1:11 AM in response to Ggroen

Ggroen wrote:

I sent my feedback on this issue. I lost connection between my ios devices and my musicplayer on my Mac (Audirvana ) as soon as I installed IOS 11. Installing High Sierra on the IMac disappointedly did not help either!

What a coincidence - I recently noticed Bonjour was missing from the Safari tab and trying to use UPnP playback with Audirvana has become absolutely hit and miss as 90% of the time my streamer is no longer detected by Audirvana.

Where did bonjour go in safari 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.