Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in with my apple ID after updating to iOS 11

I'm extremely angry. My phone ALWAYS says I'm running out of storage. I'm very confused because I have hardly anything on my phone. Today, to download iOS 11 I deleted EVERY SINGLE APP and picture, along with most of my messages. Should have freed up a lot of space - it didn't. What is "other???????" My phone is basically wiped clean but my storage is still at 11 GB. Makes NO sense. Not even the big issue.

ANYWAYS so I downloaded iOS 11 and now my Apple ID won't sign in so I can't access the app store, iTunes, or iCloud. I literally just want to put the apps back on my iPhone. It doesn't give me an error or say my password is wrong - I know it isn't - but instead, it does NOTHING. I don't understand why it's doing this.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 19, 2017 9:11 PM

1 reply

Sep 20, 2017 12:22 PM in response to monicafrommem

Greetings, monicafrommem.

I see that you're facing three separate issues with your iPhone 6s. You're wondering why, with only the iOS software installed, the storage on your iPhone shows less than you believe it should. iTunes is reporting the "Other" category is using most of the storage space on your iPhone, and you'd like to know what that is. And, you're also unable to sign into your iPhone with your Apple ID. I'm happy to help.

How macOS and iOS report storage capacity

The storage capacity stated in the product specifications may differ from the storage capacity reported by your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

About cached files in "Other" iOS storage

Cached files are created when you stream or view content like music, videos, and photos. When you stream music or video, that content is stored as cached files on your iOS device so you can quickly access it again. iTunes categorizes cached music, videos, and photos as Other instead of actual songs, videos, or photos.

Your iOS device automatically removes cached files and temporary files when your device needs more space.

If you can‘t connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store -- Even though the title of this article isn't exactly the issue you're facing, the steps provided can help.

Let me know how that goes and take care!

Can't sign in with my apple ID after updating to iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.