Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Split screen ios11 ipad

My ipad just updated to iOS 11. I was very happy to see features like split screen and drag and drop between apps in the list on the update note and elsewhere. But when I tried these on the iPad after the update I was very disappointed to find that I am unable to find them on the iPad. Both these features would have worked perfectly for the academic research I plan to do on the iPad!

Are these fatures only given to Pro and Mini users? Why its not clear on the website? Thanks.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 20, 2017 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2017 5:56 AM

Split screen is ONLY available to iPad Pro and 4th gen iPad Mini models.

Split screen came when iOS 9 and the 1st gen 12.9 iPad Pro models were introduced.

The split screen mode has ONLY been available to iPad Pros and the most recent iPad Mini 4th generation.

5 replies

Sep 29, 2017 2:56 AM in response to Samirrana

This answer is wrong. Split screen worked perfectly on my iPad Air 2 until the recent install of iOS 11. Now it doesn’t work. It’s an Apple software bug - and there are many other bugs with, for example, the clunky startup, stop and saving of screen recordings (some are not auto saved and are lost), and so on. Doubtless these early bugs will be fixed soon in iOS v11.1 or iOS v11.2. Usually, the first “fully fixed“ and stable version will be the third release - iOS v11.3 - probably in three to six months time.

Split screen ios11 ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.