Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Greyed our IMAP account after iOS11 update?

Hi guys

I updated my iPhone 7 to iOS 11 this morning. I have two email accounts in my mail app; a standard Gmail account and an IMAP account for college emails. Since the update, the IMAP account is greyed out, and I can’t access it. I’ve tried deleting it and adding it back manually, using the details provided by my college for emails.

I simply can’t seem to get it to work. The account itself works (I’ve checked on a desktop and also used another email client on my iPhone). Oddly, I can’t access “All Inboxes” on my iPhone either, but I can on my iPad, and this allows me to see the college emails from the IMAP account, despite not being able to access the account proper in the Mail app.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Slab

User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 20, 2017 1:49 PM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2017 8:35 AM in response to TheSlab

Suppressing the LIST-STATUS function in the cyrus-imapd configuration seems to resolve the issue:

https://blogs.kolabnow.com/2017/11/07/ios-imap-connection-issues-resolved

Note that this must be performed by the IMAP server operator. There is nothing the end-user can do if they are experiencing this issue other than to talk to their IMAP provider (and to possibly use a third-party IMAP client such as Spark).

Greyed our IMAP account after iOS11 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.