Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Crashes After Update to iOS 11

Apple Music crashes immediately after update to iOS 11 and opening. I've tried reinstalling the application and syncing music again, but it didn't help. The steps to reproduce the problem are very simple:

1. Update your iPhone to iOS 11.

2. Open the Music app. It will crash almost instantly.

I'm encountering this problem on iPhone 6 Plus. I've already filed a bug report but am curious to see the extent of the problem. Has anyone had a similar problem on iPhone 6 or other devices?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 21, 2017 12:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2017 5:18 AM

I think I've found an even better workaround. It worked for me. It consists of the following steps:

1. Close the Music app.
  2. Sign out of the App Store.
  3. Go to Settings, scroll down until you see the iTunes & App Store submenu, and select it.
  4. Select the Sign In option; enter your Apple ID and password.
  5. Tap your Apple ID, and select the View Apple ID option.
  6. Choose Country/Region.
  7. On the next screen, tap the Change Country or Region option.
  8. Select a country other than the current one.
  9. Close all open applications using the App Switcher.
  10. Try to open the Music app now. It shouldn't crash. If everything works fine, close the Music App, go back to the Country/Region selection screen, and select your old country/region.
  11. Test the Music app again. It shouldn't crash anymore even if you're signed in to the App Store.
29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2017 5:18 AM in response to LSostaric

I think I've found an even better workaround. It worked for me. It consists of the following steps:

1. Close the Music app.
  2. Sign out of the App Store.
  3. Go to Settings, scroll down until you see the iTunes & App Store submenu, and select it.
  4. Select the Sign In option; enter your Apple ID and password.
  5. Tap your Apple ID, and select the View Apple ID option.
  6. Choose Country/Region.
  7. On the next screen, tap the Change Country or Region option.
  8. Select a country other than the current one.
  9. Close all open applications using the App Switcher.
  10. Try to open the Music app now. It shouldn't crash. If everything works fine, close the Music App, go back to the Country/Region selection screen, and select your old country/region.
  11. Test the Music app again. It shouldn't crash anymore even if you're signed in to the App Store.

Apple Music Crashes After Update to iOS 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.