Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7 plus home button slow after 11 update

I updated to IOS 11 2 days ago. Now my lock screen freezes right after use. It takes 10 seconds after locking to be able to unlock the phone again. Very annoying.

Posted on Sep 21, 2017 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2017 6:50 AM

I posted this same issue with my iPhone 6 but haven't heard back from anyone about it..

Sometimes when I try to wake my phone, it stays black for about 10 seconds, then gives me the spinning wheel (loading) for a few seconds before letting me unlock the phone.

Other times, after 10 seconds of black and 10 seconds of spinning wheel and finally getting to the lock screen, when I press the home button again, it gives me the spinning wheel again and then back to the lock screen.

Also, if the phone is 'asleep' (black screen) while I am listening to Music, a Podcast, or using my GPS and then I try to wake the phone, the Music/Podcast/Map stops and when I finally get back into my phone, I have to go back into the App I was using and choose a Song/Podcast/destination again to resume listening or receiving directions...

Everything worked great prior to 'updating' - now basic functions are hit or miss and my device seems unreliable at best.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2017 6:50 AM in response to criticalmedic

I posted this same issue with my iPhone 6 but haven't heard back from anyone about it..

Sometimes when I try to wake my phone, it stays black for about 10 seconds, then gives me the spinning wheel (loading) for a few seconds before letting me unlock the phone.

Other times, after 10 seconds of black and 10 seconds of spinning wheel and finally getting to the lock screen, when I press the home button again, it gives me the spinning wheel again and then back to the lock screen.

Also, if the phone is 'asleep' (black screen) while I am listening to Music, a Podcast, or using my GPS and then I try to wake the phone, the Music/Podcast/Map stops and when I finally get back into my phone, I have to go back into the App I was using and choose a Song/Podcast/destination again to resume listening or receiving directions...

Everything worked great prior to 'updating' - now basic functions are hit or miss and my device seems unreliable at best.

Sep 30, 2017 11:06 PM in response to criticalmedic

I’m having a similar issue with my iPhone 7 Plus after locking the screen it doesn’t wake again for a while pressing the home button gives Taptic feedback eventually it wakes unlocked I assume it’s because I’ve been pressing the home button repeatedly. If I press the lock button I get nothing other than an occasional flash of my lock screen.

7 plus home button slow after 11 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.