Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 11 prevents java applets from loading

I apparently automatically got the Safari 11 update on my iMac and now access to our ERP is impossible. It's a Java based ERP that launches from the browser. I have already checked the Preferences > Websites and told the Java plugin which pages it is allowed to load in. I have also restored the trusted sites in the Java control panel, but nothing works. This is going to be a huge problem for my workplace since Safari was one of the only remaining browsers that allowed us to access the ERP.

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Sep 21, 2017 7:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2017 7:49 PM

One of our techs found a work around. Might be useful for those of you who, you know, need to work.

1. Enable Developer mode in preferences (Preferences > Advanced > Show develop menu in the menu bar)
  2. When you're on the page that you need to launch the java applet, Mimic IE11.

Develop > User Agent > Internet Explorer 11

You may still need to go in to the plugins area to allow the Java plugin on the specific site you wish to use, but you'd probably already done this in Safari 10.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2017 7:49 PM in response to afreed

One of our techs found a work around. Might be useful for those of you who, you know, need to work.

1. Enable Developer mode in preferences (Preferences > Advanced > Show develop menu in the menu bar)
  2. When you're on the page that you need to launch the java applet, Mimic IE11.

Develop > User Agent > Internet Explorer 11

You may still need to go in to the plugins area to allow the Java plugin on the specific site you wish to use, but you'd probably already done this in Safari 10.

Safari 11 prevents java applets from loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.