Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 2 shows inverted colors when screen mirroring

I use my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 to do demonstrations for work. My iPad 2 (which is up to date on iOS 10.3.3) appears inverted. I've gone to Settings>Accessibility>Invert Colors, and the setting seems to be backward.

When the slider is to the right in the "ON" position (showing green), the screen appeared normal on the iPad but inverted on the other screen.

User uploaded file

And when I turn the slider off, the iPad screen is inverted while the screencast mirror remains inverted.

User uploaded file

I've tried forcing a restart of my device, played with the triple-home-button settings, but nothing seems to get the Invert Colors setting back to what it should be.

Short of resetting the iPad back to zero, what I can I try next?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 10.3.3, Settings

Posted on Sep 21, 2017 9:44 AM

There are no replies.

My iPad 2 shows inverted colors when screen mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.