Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hifolder Pro App

Hi

I have had Hifolder Pro application for many years and keep photos and video inside this password protected app

I have upgraded my phone on 6 occasions over the years from i phone 5c to i phone 7 and the app has been reinstated from cloud backup every time along with my photos and videos

Last week my i phone 7 was replaced due to a faulty switch and i did a full i cloud backup but when i reinstalled from the cloud the Hifolder App was there waiting to download but would not return to my phone with all my photos and videos and when all other apps had installed the Hifolder disappeared

I have tried about 4 times to get this app back without success can anyone help me please retrieve my photos etc from the cloud

Hifolder Pro App by

iPhone 7 Smart Battery Case, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Sep 21, 2017 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2017 10:55 AM

Same here, got the new iPhone X and the app doesn't install anymore, gives an error message saying it is not available on the App Store... lost hundreds of photos and documents, was trusting iCloud backup to keep it and now it's all lost... anyone at Apple to care about us users who paid for the app to get (even if an old version) to install so we can move the files over???

<Email Edited by Host>

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 9, 2017 10:55 AM in response to pfholmesy

Same here, got the new iPhone X and the app doesn't install anymore, gives an error message saying it is not available on the App Store... lost hundreds of photos and documents, was trusting iCloud backup to keep it and now it's all lost... anyone at Apple to care about us users who paid for the app to get (even if an old version) to install so we can move the files over???

<Email Edited by Host>

Dec 23, 2017 12:31 PM in response to udayalbedri

I have in my Pc an older version of the app. I installed manually in my iPhone. Is Version 3.3, but i can’t get access to my pictures. I know they are there, more than 500MB of pics, but the verison 3.3 can’t access them.

Maybe we need to look someone that still have the latest version of the app on the phone, and didn’t upgrade yet to iOS11. Then we can have a chance.User uploaded file

Feb 6, 2018 3:45 PM in response to pfholmesy

For anyone with this issue. I used an app called iExplorer by Macroplant to get these hidden / lost files. My app kept crashing (probably for the reasons listed in this thread). You can download the program for free, and don't need a license to get what you need. Just install it, connect to your iPhone. Then go to Apps > HiFolder and there is a button to export app data to your PC (or Mac I assume). It copies all of the files from the app to your computer.

Then you can find the actual images in HiFolder > HiFolder\.__@__@file@__@__\Admin .

Hope that helps, I was glad to figure this out so I thought I would share. Just don't uninstall the APP until you have your files because they could get deleted. Also, if you have uninstalled it, if there is a backup of your iphone in Itunes from before then, you can use this same program to browse old backups and get the same data. Good luck!

Hifolder Pro App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.