Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens when I remove a device from my Apple ID

There’s a device that I no longer want in Apple ID

Posted on Sep 21, 2017 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2017 2:43 PM

See the following from iCloud help:

If you’re no longer using an iOS device, a Mac, or an Apple TV, you can remove it from your account by following the steps below. When you remove a device set up to use Apple Pay, Apple Pay is disabled for the device, and your cards are removed from the device, even if the device is offline.

You can also remove your Apple Watch.

• If it has watchOS 3, remove it from Find My iPhone.
  • If it has watchOS 2, remove it by following the steps below. However, if you’re still looking for your Apple Watch with watchOS 2, and it has Activation Lock enabled, mark it as missing instead of removing it. That way, your Apple ID and password are required to reactivate and use your Apple Watch. If your Apple Watch has Activation Lock enabled, and you don’t mark it as missing before you remove it, Activation Lock is disabled when you remove it. You might want that to happen if you sold or gave away your Apple Watch with watchOS 2 but forgot to disable Activation Lock.
  1. Go to Settings on iCloud.com, then look at the My Devices section.If you don’t see the My Devices section, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.
  2. In the list of devices, click the one you want to remove.
  3. Click the Delete button User uploaded file next to the device. If you don’t see the Delete button, click Remove Device (below the device’s serial or IMEI number).

Besides removing an iOS device or a Mac from iCloud, you can remove it from Find My iPhone in iCloud preferences on a Mac, or in Settings > [your name] > iCloud (or Settings > iCloud) on an iOS device.

If you remove a device from iCloud, and the device reconnects to the Internet, it reappears in the My Devices section of Settings.

Note that if you also remove it from Find My iPhone, activation lock will be turned off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2017 2:43 PM in response to thaisbarbosa1

See the following from iCloud help:

If you’re no longer using an iOS device, a Mac, or an Apple TV, you can remove it from your account by following the steps below. When you remove a device set up to use Apple Pay, Apple Pay is disabled for the device, and your cards are removed from the device, even if the device is offline.

You can also remove your Apple Watch.

• If it has watchOS 3, remove it from Find My iPhone.
  • If it has watchOS 2, remove it by following the steps below. However, if you’re still looking for your Apple Watch with watchOS 2, and it has Activation Lock enabled, mark it as missing instead of removing it. That way, your Apple ID and password are required to reactivate and use your Apple Watch. If your Apple Watch has Activation Lock enabled, and you don’t mark it as missing before you remove it, Activation Lock is disabled when you remove it. You might want that to happen if you sold or gave away your Apple Watch with watchOS 2 but forgot to disable Activation Lock.
  1. Go to Settings on iCloud.com, then look at the My Devices section.If you don’t see the My Devices section, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.
  2. In the list of devices, click the one you want to remove.
  3. Click the Delete button User uploaded file next to the device. If you don’t see the Delete button, click Remove Device (below the device’s serial or IMEI number).

Besides removing an iOS device or a Mac from iCloud, you can remove it from Find My iPhone in iCloud preferences on a Mac, or in Settings > [your name] > iCloud (or Settings > iCloud) on an iOS device.

If you remove a device from iCloud, and the device reconnects to the Internet, it reappears in the My Devices section of Settings.

Note that if you also remove it from Find My iPhone, activation lock will be turned off.

What happens when I remove a device from my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.