Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 11 spotlight search

Hello, with the new iOS 11 upgrade on my iPhone 7+, I am unable to swipe down from any screen to access the spotlight search. It originally was not working from any screen other than the left most home screen (notifications). However, now it seems to sometimes work on the other home screens. I restarted my phone, checked settings, and did research but can't seem to find any solutions to this problem.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 22, 2017 7:14 AM

1 reply

Sep 23, 2017 12:29 PM in response to arstoller

Hello arstoller,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with your iOS Search. Also, thank you for letting us know what steps you have already tried.

At this point, the next step is to reinstall the iOS using iTunes. Please make a backup of the data on your device prior to completing this step. You can make a backup in iCloud or iTunes using this article: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

You can reinstall the iOS using this help article: If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please pay close attention when you reach step 4 which says:

When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.

Once your iOS is reinstalled, test if the issue with Search is still occurring. Thanks again and have a great rest of your day.

IOS 11 spotlight search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.