Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you manage iPhone apps in iTunes 12.7

If I'm not mistaken, there used to be an Apps menu in the left pane. I can't find it any more (please see screenshot)!

So how do you manage apps (i.e. remove or restore apps) in iTunes now?

User uploaded file

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Sep 22, 2017 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2017 10:16 AM

Management of apps, books, and tones has been removed from iTunes 12.7. See Changes in the new iTunes - Apple Support for details.

See the Manually add items from your computer section of Manually manage content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes - Apple Support for the control that remains. This can be used to copy apps, iBooks, ePubs, PDFs, and tones from your computer to your device. The File Sharing feature for copying data between apps and the computer is still there. You can also use iCloud Drive, Dropbox, or other cloud services to move content to the device.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2017 10:16 AM in response to numbles45

Management of apps, books, and tones has been removed from iTunes 12.7. See Changes in the new iTunes - Apple Support for details.

See the Manually add items from your computer section of Manually manage content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes - Apple Support for the control that remains. This can be used to copy apps, iBooks, ePubs, PDFs, and tones from your computer to your device. The File Sharing feature for copying data between apps and the computer is still there. You can also use iCloud Drive, Dropbox, or other cloud services to move content to the device.

tt2

How do you manage iPhone apps in iTunes 12.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.