Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storing ALL iTunes Songs Locally on iPhone

Hello,

To take advantage of some of the great features of Apple Music I seem to need to switch on iCloud Music Library.

Currently I have all of my iTunes songs loaded locally on my iMac which I sync to my iPhone - meaning all of the songs are stored directly on each device.

Having everything stored locally on both iMac and iPhone is great because I spend a lot of time travelling on the London Underground, UK Long Distance Intercity Trains and Long Haul Flights where there is zero iNet signal on WiFi and Cellular. I also visit lots of places in the UK where the iNet is still painfully slow / not available.

IF I switch to iCloud I understand that all my songs get sucked up from being stored locally on my devices to being stored in the iCloud and therefore are only available for playback if / when I am connected to the iNet.

Not good if travelling.

I understand that once in iCloud I can only download my songs "one-by-one" to my iMac / iPhone to store them locally for use offline.

So - here's my question..

Is there ANY way I can move to iCloud to use some of the neat & cool functions of Apple Music BUT ALSO be able to download all my songs easily in ONE HIT (not individually) so I can use iTunes when away from the iNet.

Better still - is there an option in iTunes to "keep a copy locally" on each device (Mac / iPhone) when switching up to iCloud??

There are lots of users who live / work / travel in areas with little / no iNet access who want to use iCloud Music but are not able to do so without losing access to their full list of tunes / songs when the iNet is not accessible.

I'm assuming Apple haven't thought of this / don't really care???

I'd be grateful if anyone knows an answer!

Bob

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Sep 22, 2017 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2017 5:26 PM

If you subscribe to Apple Music, you get an iCloud Music Library, where you have the option to stream music from the cloud ongoing, that does indeed require access on demand to the internet.

You can store music locally too with Apple Music. Device by device. You can download a playlist, so from your PC/Mac, make a playlist of Apple Music tracks you want offline and sync that playlist to your device. Than download that entire playlist in one click.

User uploaded file

Add and download music, shows, and movies from the Apple Music catalog - Apple Support

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2017 5:26 PM in response to Green, Bob

If you subscribe to Apple Music, you get an iCloud Music Library, where you have the option to stream music from the cloud ongoing, that does indeed require access on demand to the internet.

You can store music locally too with Apple Music. Device by device. You can download a playlist, so from your PC/Mac, make a playlist of Apple Music tracks you want offline and sync that playlist to your device. Than download that entire playlist in one click.

User uploaded file

Add and download music, shows, and movies from the Apple Music catalog - Apple Support

User uploaded file

Storing ALL iTunes Songs Locally on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.