Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch absolutely interferes with AirPods :(

I have a brand-new original Watch (just replaced by Apple) and a brand-new (replaced) set of AirPods. There is definitely a connectivity issue with the AirPods when the Watch is not in Airplane Mode.

Anyone having the same experience? Find a solution? The Airplane Mode "band-aid" is rather frustrating. Thanks!

AirPods-OTHER, Other OS, Firmware 3.7.2

Posted on Sep 22, 2017 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2017 1:31 AM

Hi

It may help to unpair and re-pair your AirPods and/or Apple Watch.

It may also help to check for and, if possible, limit any other potential sources of wireless interference:

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required, make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2017 1:31 AM in response to elppa71

Hi

It may help to unpair and re-pair your AirPods and/or Apple Watch.

It may also help to check for and, if possible, limit any other potential sources of wireless interference:

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

If the issue persists, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required, make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Oct 10, 2017 7:03 AM in response to elppa71

Holy cow, this *****. I'm an I.T. vet of nearly 20 years and I have considerably more patience than the average user. My AirPods simply do not function properly when my Apple Watch Series 2 is paired. Intermittent, sporadic AirPods: (1) Double-tap AirPod and the AirPods icon goes away and the Siri ding plays on the iPhone (not on the AirPod.) (2) Try to use dictation (such as in Notes or iMessage,) just a flat line--no dictation. (3) Try to make or receive a phone call via AirPods and the AirPods don't work (even when selected from the source.) These issues have persisted through Apple replacing of the AirPods & charging case, and AppleCare replacing the iPhone 7 Plus, and approximately six (6) DFU restores of my iPhone. If I reboot, then it may work for a few minutes but then breaks again. SO FRUSTRATING.

Watch absolutely interferes with AirPods :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.