Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AT&T numbersync nightmare

Spent over 2 hours on the phone last night and still cannot get the cellular to work. Was escalated to advanced tech - he has absolutely no clue. After more than 2 hours his answer was that the servers were so busy with activations it would work in the morning. Obviously it didn’t work in the morning.

The watch syncs to phone and AT&T shows that the watch is activated. BUT the cellular will not activate through the app. I get an error message.

Anyone experience this issue with AT&T and end up getting it to work??

Posted on Sep 23, 2017 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2017 9:48 AM

To solve this problem took 6 days and much persistence. Somehow when I tried to set the watch up for the first time there was an issue where instead of making the watch connect to the account properly it was registered as "parked equipment." Numbersync set up and came up with a number for the watch but somehow it wasn't making that final step and I kept getting the same error messages on my phone as discussed above. The problem was that as has been mentioned above I needed to get to "Advance Tech Support" and had to convince AT& T reps to get me there. My solution was calling on a Sunday right when Pro Tech Support opened (10:00 am eastern). In under an hour my phone and watch were communicating without me having to unpair and pair the phone and watch again. I did have to shut both devices down and then once Advance Tech Support saw the existing Numbersync number it went quickly. Hope something in my reply here can help others with issues.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2017 9:48 AM in response to JoeyKoontz

To solve this problem took 6 days and much persistence. Somehow when I tried to set the watch up for the first time there was an issue where instead of making the watch connect to the account properly it was registered as "parked equipment." Numbersync set up and came up with a number for the watch but somehow it wasn't making that final step and I kept getting the same error messages on my phone as discussed above. The problem was that as has been mentioned above I needed to get to "Advance Tech Support" and had to convince AT& T reps to get me there. My solution was calling on a Sunday right when Pro Tech Support opened (10:00 am eastern). In under an hour my phone and watch were communicating without me having to unpair and pair the phone and watch again. I did have to shut both devices down and then once Advance Tech Support saw the existing Numbersync number it went quickly. Hope something in my reply here can help others with issues.

Sep 23, 2017 5:39 AM in response to tonypap

Same issue here, I think. On with AT&T for the third time now. I've also been monitoring this thread at MacForums--seems to be a relatively widespread issue.

To confirm, it seemed to set up with no issue--got all the way to the NumberSync section--but now in the Apple Watch app's cellular settings it says "Set Up Cellular," and when clicked, ends with an error screen saying "Hmmm....something's not right. To sync this device, ask the person who manages your account to call us at 800.331.0500. (EDS4007)"

On the watch, under cellular settings, it says "Plan No SIM" and "Status No Connection."

Seems to be a NumberSync issue on AT&T's end, but who knows. They don't seem to have a clue.

Oct 21, 2017 12:24 AM in response to benom

I just bought an Apple Watch series 3 cellular and have the same EDS4007 issue. AT&T is clueless about this. It’s been 3 days of constant calls to the customer care and frequent trips to the AT&T store. They keep asking me to unpair and pair my Apple Watch.

The sync process while pairing the Watch is completely messed up. It makes you sign in to your AT&T account and requests a new number to be reserved for the number sync. Since I did the unpair and pair thrice according to AT&T’s customer service instructions, I got 3 numbers reserved from AT&T and none of them worked. AT&T emailed me saying that all number sync activation requests were denied. So I finally went to the AT&T Store. Those guys are even more clueless than AT&T’s phone based customer care representatives. They kept telling me that my watch’s serial number was associated with another account since they couldn’t see the 3 numbers that were reserved. They also told me that the watch was bad and I need to return it. I pressed them on and then they told me that the store guys don’t have the same level of access to our accounts as the representatives that respond on customer care over phone. Finally, the AT&T store guy called up AT&T customer care and was told that 3 numbers were reserved. He cleared that up and activated one of the reserved numbers but then I started getting this EDS4007 issue.

AT&T has generated a problem ticket for this and said that they will get back to me in 24 hours.

Numbersync on Apple Watch is totally messed up and the process is not well established. My advice to anyone reading this is to wait out a couple of months before buying the cellular version of the Apple Watch. It might be that AT&T doesn’t know how to do this. Other carriers might be ok but I don’t have statistics about them.

Oct 21, 2017 2:54 AM in response to sam.maniktala

After my original post, I spent some time with AT&T advance tech support and this was figured out in a few minutes. Turns out, its very simple BUT as I was told by advanced tech support, the general tech support staff isn't very knowledge on the proper settings for the IMEI and EID, and various other settings that are needed for an Apple Watch. There is also a PIN verification needed to activate the cellular and add it to your current mobile/data plan. After the first watch, I ended up getting a second for my wife. Called AT&T and immediately asked to be transferred to advance tech support and within minutes my watch was activated, headache free.

AT&T numbersync nightmare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.