Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

suspicious email from apple

I just received an email supposedly from apple. I am assuming it is a scam but want to make sure. It says please review from sign in your apple ID account

Dear with email address

For your protection your Apple ID i automatically disabled.

We have prevented an unusual sign in attempt on your Apple account. This may have been because you're signing in from a new location or from a different device. Please review the sign in details below.

Your account has been locked for the following reasons

We check your account login with other devices

Your account has been locked until this issue has been resolved we will wait for 1 week or your account has been disabled permanently.

What to do next

Please click button below to your Apple account and provide the requested information before; 1 week: through the account review. If we don't receive the information before this deadline, Your account nt access will be further locked permanently.

Then there is a login. I did not click on it and feel certain this is a scam, but want to be sure. I have apparently logged into my account without a problem and checked my iCloud account with no problem.

Thank you

Shirley

macOS Sierra (10.12.2)

Posted on Sep 23, 2017 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2017 4:33 AM

It's a scam: do not follow any links, it's an attempt to get your login details.

Real emails from Apple will come from the apple.com domain (though this can be forged) and will always address you by name, not 'Dear Customer' or email address etc. If Apple ever have to lock your account for security reasons they won't email you about it, they will wait for you to find out and take action. Apple will never send you an email asking you to 'verify' your account.

You can report this to Apple by sending it as an email attachment to reportphishing@apple.com

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2017 4:33 AM in response to ShirleyfromDover

It's a scam: do not follow any links, it's an attempt to get your login details.

Real emails from Apple will come from the apple.com domain (though this can be forged) and will always address you by name, not 'Dear Customer' or email address etc. If Apple ever have to lock your account for security reasons they won't email you about it, they will wait for you to find out and take action. Apple will never send you an email asking you to 'verify' your account.

You can report this to Apple by sending it as an email attachment to reportphishing@apple.com

suspicious email from apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.