Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv 4k network issue

Hi all I have this strange issuet

If i plug my apple tv 4k via network cable directly to my router I got a lot of problems with streaming, download, ecc

If i just use my WiFi connection everything it's ok

Of course I tried to use a different cable, tried also to plug the same cable to another device and got no issue at all

Should I ask Apple to change my Apple tv 4k??

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 11

Posted on Sep 23, 2017 11:41 PM

6 replies

Oct 5, 2017 2:05 PM in response to Community User

I fixed the issue by buying an Apple AirPort Extreme and plugging my cat6 cable from Ethernet lan to Apple AirPort Extreme wan port. Then connect the rest of my devices in with lan ports on AirPort Extreme. I then disabled the WiFi on my att router to ensure there is no WiFi confusion. ***** to have to spend more $$ but not everything runs at GB speed. 4K Apple TV and my PS4 pro. To disable the WiFi I took these steps. Yours may be a little different depending on your internet company.

To disable the wireless:

1. With a computer connected directly to the AT&T Router go to http://192.168.1.254
  2. Select Settings at the top
  3. Select the sub-tab LAN
  4. Select the sub-tab Wireless (it may ask for a password, this will be labeled as the system password or device access code on the side of the AT&T router).
  5. On Wireless Interface, click the drop down and select Disabled.
  6. Save

To let your Airport handle the routing:

1. With a computer connected directly to the AT&T Router go to http://192.168.1.254
  2. Select Settings at the top
  3. Select the sub-tab Firewall
  4. Select the sub-tabl Applications, Pinholes and DMZ
  5. Where it says Select a computer, choose your Airport Extreme
  6. Scroll down to the bottom and choose Allow all applications (DMZplus mode)
  7. Save

Hope this helps.

Oct 5, 2017 1:27 PM in response to ivan5150

I received my 4K tv yesterday and I am having the same issue. When I hardwire the Apple TV 4K to my router after some time connected it causes the router to lose internet connection for the other devices connected. If I connect the Apple TV over WiFi I don’t have this issue. I would prefer to direct connect so I can utilize the 1gb internet speed I have. Any ideas of how to fix this.

Nov 5, 2017 3:38 PM in response to Kylelarson89

Thanks for the work around. But, this isn't an actual solution to the problem of wanting to use a hard line to the Apple TV. If I put the Apple TV on Wifi, it buffers and the quality drops. I am hopeful that Apple will fix this issue, because what's the point of offering a 4K product that can't actually receive the 4K signal because of a design issue.

Apple tv 4k network issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.