Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up apps in iTunes 12.7

Hi, I've just upgraded from an iPhone 6 iOS 10.3.1 to an iPhone 8 plus iOS 11. I backed up my 6 to iTunes (12.7) and then restored my 8 from this. Went perfectly, all apps etc the same.

I have now also back up my 8. iTunes 12.7 doesn't include apps anymore, if I changed (or restored) my 8 from this back up would my apps still be backed up and therefore restored?

Thanks

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 24, 2017 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2017 3:50 AM

lipics wrote:

Hi, I've just upgraded from an iPhone 6 iOS 10.3.1 to an iPhone 8 plus iOS 11. I backed up my 6 to iTunes (12.7) and then restored my 8 from this. Went perfectly, all apps etc the same.

I have now also back up my 8. iTunes 12.7 doesn't include apps anymore, if I changed (or restored) my 8 from this back up would my apps still be backed up and therefore restored?

Thanks

The apps themselves have not been backed up from

any iDevice to iTunes since iOS 9. Only app data and

a list of installed apps. The only way to have had a

backup of the apps themselves was if you managed

the apps in iTunes.

As of iTunes 12.7, all management of apps has been removed

and must be done on the device itself from now on.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2017 3:50 AM in response to lipics

lipics wrote:

Thanks

The apps themselves have not been backed up from

any iDevice to iTunes since iOS 9. Only app data and

a list of installed apps. The only way to have had a

backup of the apps themselves was if you managed

the apps in iTunes.

As of iTunes 12.7, all management of apps has been removed

and must be done on the device itself from now on.

Nov 20, 2017 7:59 AM in response to lipics

So what can you do in this situation: Had an iPhone 6s Plus and iMessage Apps worked fine. Backed up my phone in iTunes 12.7. Restored them from iTunes on my new iPhone 8 Plus. Now Game Pigeon is not showing up in the iMessage App Drawer at all, but when I go to the App Store it says it is installed. I cannot find anyway to make Game Pigeon to show up in iMessage. (And before you ask I have opened the (...)More screen. It is not there either. I cannot see it anywhere but the App Store and it will not even open from there. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Backing up apps in iTunes 12.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.