Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS11 shared albums disappeared

Woke up this morning and all my shared albums that I created have disappeared from my phone, even though other people with whom I share the albums can still see them.

Other shared albums which I have been invited to were empty. Once I opened them, the seemed to "glitch" and begin repopulating, albeit a select few photos, and the photos which are restored do not appear in their proper chronological order.

I am using iOS11 on an iPhone 6s 60gb. I have tried rebooting the phone, synching the phone with my mac, turning iCloud photo library off and on again & also rebooting the phone between turning iCloud photo library off and on again. I haven't turned iCloud photo sharing off and on again because doing so would apparently erase my shared albums; obviously I would like to avoid this at all costs!

Any ideas or suggestions what the problem could be or how to fix it?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11, 60gb

Posted on Sep 24, 2017 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2017 7:37 AM

My girlfriend had this problem and it looks like we just resolved it. We are both running 11.02 iPhone 6s. I could see shared albums, she could not see any, but could subscribe to new ones. Today I added a photo to one of our shared albums and the whole album appeared on her side. I did this will the rest or our shared albums and they are all populating. I thought I tried this early on, if I did then it might have needed the 11.02 update as well. Posting a comment on one of the pictures seems to work too - so maybe any activity on the album will push it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2017 7:37 AM in response to kmstef

My girlfriend had this problem and it looks like we just resolved it. We are both running 11.02 iPhone 6s. I could see shared albums, she could not see any, but could subscribe to new ones. Today I added a photo to one of our shared albums and the whole album appeared on her side. I did this will the rest or our shared albums and they are all populating. I thought I tried this early on, if I did then it might have needed the 11.02 update as well. Posting a comment on one of the pictures seems to work too - so maybe any activity on the album will push it.

iOS11 shared albums disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.