Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Draft email does not sync to phone?

I have one email account on the phone. The account is a MAPI push account. If I save a pending email as a draft on the phone, it is filed accordingly. However, the draft email does not sync?

EDIT: To be clear, the draft is not even on the mail server.

Mark

iPhone 6, Windows 10, null

Posted on Sep 24, 2017 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2017 8:51 AM

Sorry for the 'train of thought' posts but it seems that after I posted, my brain started working.

SOLUTION!

I added the same email account twice.

One instance for IMAP (it only gives the opportunity to sync Mail and Notes). I checked off both.

One instance for EXCHANGE manually configured. I removed the check for Mail and Notes.

I now have Drafts syncing (IMAP) and all other desktop Outlook functions syncing too.

Mark

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2017 8:51 AM in response to Markg2

Sorry for the 'train of thought' posts but it seems that after I posted, my brain started working.

SOLUTION!

I added the same email account twice.

One instance for IMAP (it only gives the opportunity to sync Mail and Notes). I checked off both.

One instance for EXCHANGE manually configured. I removed the check for Mail and Notes.

I now have Drafts syncing (IMAP) and all other desktop Outlook functions syncing too.

Mark

Sep 24, 2017 6:53 AM in response to Markg2

Correction to my initial post.

Please disregard the mention of MAPI.

The account is setup and recognized as Exchange by the phone (iOS 11).

I followed a tutorial regarding Exchange Drafts syncing to the server (https://blog.appriver.com/2016/11/ios-10-introduces-draft-folder-synchronization -in-mail-app/).

Mail/Accounts/Exchange/Account/Advanced Settings/'Tap the dial next to Store Drafts on Server to slide it to the right'.

The above link references iOS 10.

On my phone (iOS 11): Account and Passwords/Exchange/Account/Advanced Settings/'There is No Drafts option'.

Maybe as of 11 the save drafts option is no longer optional and is supposed to just do it?

Mark

Draft email does not sync to phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.