Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why isnt Do Not Disturb sending the auto reply?

I have Do Not Disturb While Driving turned on. An auto-reply is supposed to be sent when I’m texted. That’s not happening. My cousin turned hers on to see if it would work. It is. The function is working properly in that no alerts are coming to my phone. The only problem is the auto reply isn’t being sent. Any suggestions? In case it matters, I’m using iPhone 6S plus and running iOS 11.

Posted on Sep 24, 2017 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2018 12:08 PM

I think I figured it out just now. Go to “Settings” “Control Center” “Customize Controls” - hit the + button next to “Do Not Disturb When Driving.”

Now you’ll see the car icon when you swipe up to Control Center. The regular “Do Not Disturb” doesn’t work this way.

6 replies

Sep 25, 2017 2:41 PM in response to MoTheo98

Hello MoTheo98,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems you are experiencing issues with the Do Not Disturb while driving feature on your iPhone. If you haven't already, please restart your iPhone as iOS clears cached data and does other system optimizations when you turn your device off and on. Then go to Settings > Do Not Disturbed and check the Do Not Disturb while driving settings like "Auto-Reply To" and the "Auto-Reply" message are set correctly.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Do Not Disturb while driving - iPhone User Guide

Cheers!

Sep 25, 2017 3:30 PM in response to MoTheo98

Thanks for replying, MoTheo98, and that additional info, it really helps! At this point, we would like you to reinstall iOS on your device; this will help us isolate the situation further. Reinstalling iOS should not affect any of your data, but it is always a best practice to make sure you have a current backup in either iTunes or iCloud.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you have a current backup, follow the steps from the "If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up" section in this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on

Use the “Update” option and not “Restore” and these steps will reinstall iOS. Keep in mind that these steps were written for a different issue, but they will still help us isolate the situation further.

Have a great day and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Why isnt Do Not Disturb sending the auto reply?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.