Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS11: Lightning To VGA Adapter

Has anybody else upgraded to iOS11 & found that the Lightning To VGA adapter no longer works.

iPad Mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 24, 2017 12:20 PM

5 replies

Sep 25, 2017 3:05 PM in response to bossmanAA

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, bossmanAA.
If I understand your post correctly, your Lightning to VGA adapter is no longer working with your iPad on iOS 11. I'm happy to help.
Try these steps:

Get help

Find out what to do when you have the following issues.

If you see video but can't hear audio

Make sure that you're using a Digital AV adapter (which has an HDMI port). If you're using a VGA adapter, it doesn't carry audio signals. To hear audio with a VGA adapter, you need to connect to the headset jack on your TV, monitor, projector, or stereo.

If an app doesn't display video or play audio

The app might not be compatible with your adapter. Check compatibility on the app's info page in the App Store or contact the developer.

If an alert says that an HDCP-compatible device is required

Your content might not be compatible with your adapter. Movies, TV shows, and certain streaming video apps require High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). If you try to play these movies, shows, and streaming videos using a non-HDCP digital connection—like the Apple VGA Adapter—an alert will ask for an HDCP-compatible device.

If you need help with other issues

1. Disconnect and reconnect your adapter from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and from your TV, monitor, or projector.
  2. Make sure that your VGA or HDMI cable works, since the issue could be with the cable.
  3. Remove any VGA or HDMI extension cables or converters. Accessories that convert a VGA or HDMI signals to different video formats (DVI, Composite, Component) aren't compatible.
  4. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.

Check out the full article here:
About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Take care.

Jan 11, 2018 2:21 AM in response to bossmanAA

I have the genuine Apple Lightning to VGA adaptor. I updated to iOS11 (I got tired of the constant nags), and the software that worked before the update doesn't anymore. Day Pro only displays the bottom right hand corner of the video, but in the top left corner of the external display. What did work perfectly, now doesn't. I have also tried Vjay to play video (which I used to use before Djay Pro was released), but that does exactly the same thing. I have an iPad mini 3 128GB which I have used for a couple of years specifically for playing Karaoke video.

It also takes quite some time for the display to appear, even when only on the Springboard. Disappointing and infuriating, it is not possible to roll back to a previous version of iOS.

Resetting network settings as Karim suggested, did successfully wipe out all of the wifi passwords that were stored (as expected), but did absolutely nothing for the VGA adaptor.

iOS11: Lightning To VGA Adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.