Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts names not Syncing to car Bluetooth

Hello

I have updated my iPhone 7 Plus To iOS 11 and I noticed that when I pair my phone to my car via Bluetooth the only thing that is showing in the phonebook is the numbers but not the names of my contacts thats saved on my phone.

I have deleted the phone from the car history and I have deleted the car from the phone Bluetooth and I also clicked on ( Forget device ) and I have reset it all the networks. I also changed the name of the phone and I readded the phone back And I paired it again to Bluetooth, the contacts showed with both name and number same way I have it saved in my iPhone, but after a few minutes the names disappear and I only see the numbers when someone called me and my phone book doesn’t sync anymore ...

If someone can please let me on how to solve this I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you

Samir

Posted on Sep 24, 2017 10:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2018 11:53 PM

I am suffering from the exact same issue, and don't know how to fix it. I have iphone 8 plus, it is a great phone but has few bugs. one of these bugs is the contacts are not syncing with the car Bluetooth system. Please advise if you find a solution.

22 replies

Jan 3, 2018 7:39 AM in response to SamirOdisho

I had a similar issue with my Toyota Prius & here is how I resolved. On your iPhone go to Settings -> Bluetooth. Under MY DEVICES, locate your car and select the info icon (the blue icon of an "i" inside a circle). Under Groups, All Contacts was not enabled. Then I enabled and then I refreshed my contacts in my car and the contact names are now appearing.

Dec 9, 2017 3:46 PM in response to SamirOdisho

I have a similar problem too. I found from others the solution for my car :

Go to your iPhone Bluetooth settings and with Bluetooth turned on the list of previously paired devices should show. Click on the ”i “ for your car and in the next setting turn on “Sync Contacts“ and other options if you want. Please note that not all devices (or car) have this option - most only have ”forget this device ”.

May 16, 2018 6:04 PM in response to SamirOdisho

I have had the same problem since updating iPhone software to iOS versions 11+ almost two months ago. I called up auto dealer but had no solution and Apple care referred me to auto dealer. I have a 2012 Q5 and a iPhone 6plus. Prior to update to iOS11 the Bluetooth connection worked and contact names and phone numbers were displayed. After updating to iOS 11, the problem started - specifically missing contact names and voice command to call individuals. As suggested by many on this forum, I tried re-establishing Bluetooth connection with iPhone after first clicking on 'forget device', but that did not solve the problem of contact names not appearing. Today, I first made sure that 'all contacts' was checked. I then unchecked 'sync contacts' and the rechecked 'sync contacts' and within 5 seconds all contact names appeared. Prior to this only phone numbers showed and voice command asking to call "joe smith" did not work. My current iOS is 11.3.1. Hope this helps some folks.

Contacts names not Syncing to car Bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.