Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! Selected wrong resolution on Apple TV and now can't see the screen!

As stated above, I tried selecting 4k for my resolution but selected 60hz instead of 50hz. My screen is now blank as my TV does not support 60Hz. I have no TV to support this but cannot see my Apple TV screen as the resolution is incorrect. There is no way to see what I am am doing to fix this issue. Is there some way of manually resetting it to get it back to what it was before?

I have tried unplugging it etc...

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Sep 24, 2017 11:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 12:35 AM

FIXED!!!

If you see a black screen or briefly see the Apple logo before returning to a black screen, try using the remote to change video resolutions:

• On Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation), hold Menu and Volume Down for 5 seconds, then release. Your Apple TV will switch to a new resolution every 20 seconds. Select OK to choose a resolution or Cancel to quit.
  • For Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), hold Menu and Up for 5 seconds. Your Apple TV will switch to a new resolution every 20 seconds. Select OK to choose a resolution or Cancel to quit.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2017 12:35 AM in response to j_t_tomlinson1985

FIXED!!!

If you see a black screen or briefly see the Apple logo before returning to a black screen, try using the remote to change video resolutions:

• On Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation), hold Menu and Volume Down for 5 seconds, then release. Your Apple TV will switch to a new resolution every 20 seconds. Select OK to choose a resolution or Cancel to quit.
  • For Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), hold Menu and Up for 5 seconds. Your Apple TV will switch to a new resolution every 20 seconds. Select OK to choose a resolution or Cancel to quit.

HELP! Selected wrong resolution on Apple TV and now can't see the screen!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.