Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 8, earpods not working

I have a brand new Iphone 8 and the earpods don't work. I plug them in and the phone still plays music through the phone speakers. Phone is less than 24 hours old and apple tell me I have to book a genius bar appointment, which has a 3 day wait. Anyone else having this problem?

I've tried the brand new earpods supplied with the phone and my old earpods with the supplied 3.5mm adaptor.

iPhone 8, iOS 11

Posted on Sep 25, 2017 12:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2017 9:54 AM

Was this ever resolved for you or did they replace your phone because I am currently having the same problem as well and it’s a little frustrating considering that I bought a new pair of earbuds because I though the EarPods were broken but that doesn’t seem to be the issue here

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2017 9:54 AM in response to GQdude

Was this ever resolved for you or did they replace your phone because I am currently having the same problem as well and it’s a little frustrating considering that I bought a new pair of earbuds because I though the EarPods were broken but that doesn’t seem to be the issue here

Iphone 8, earpods not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.